How to make smoothie Packs:
- Fill an ice cube tray with yogurt, I prefer Vanilla Greek yogurt. You can use any kind you'd like though. Freeze. when they're fully frozen, use a butter knife to pop them out of the tray. Use 3-4 cubes per smoothie pack
- Add 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen fruit to the bag. In this smoothie I used frozen mixed berries, fresh mango, and 1/2 a banana. You can use what ever combination you like. Switch it up and give yourself some variety! It's also a great idea to cut up fresh fruit that's nearing the end of its edible life and freeze it so that you're not wasting any food.
- Seal bag and label it (if you're making several kinds) store in the freezer until your ready to use it.
Tip: Make these packs up as soon as you get home from grocery shopping. If you wait, you may never get around to it, or your kids and husband will gobble up all the yogurt before you have a chance.
To Make Smoothies:
- Haul out your smoothie Pack and dump it into your blender
- Grab a Handful of greens ( I like spinach or kale, bumps up the nutrients and you can't even taste it) and add it. If you're one of those people that need measurements a heaping cup will do.
- Add 2 cups of liquid. I used regular milk here, because I was out of everything else. Usually I would add unsweetened almond milk. You can make combinations of anything, water, juice, milk, coconut water, almond milk, etc.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy your breakfast while packing lunches, driving the kids to school, or on your way to work.
Whats your favorite smoothie combination?! I'd love to hear!