This makes the equivalent of about 2 cans of store bought Cream of Chicken soup. It's great to make up a couple days ahead of time and keep in the fridge for quick and easy casseroles with a great heart homemade base.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp Better than Bullion, chicken flavor (or 2 Chicken bullion cubes)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dissolve bullion in water.
- Combine the chicken broth and milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
- Meanwhile combine Flour and spices in a separate bowl.
- Pour the flour mixture into the saucepan slowly over low heat and stir continuously, whisking as the mixture simmers. Continue to simmer and stir/whisk until the mixture is smooth and thick, 5-10 minutes. The mixture will thicken a bit as it cools.
If the Soup mixture is too thin, add Gluten Free All Purpose Flour 1 tsp at a time, whisking in between until desired consistency is reached. If the soup mixture is too Thick, add milk or chicken broth 1 Tbs at a time, whisking in between, until desired consistency is reached.