September 5, 2013

Red Pepper - Garlic Mayo

I was cooking supper the other night and realized I needed a dip to go with my main dish.  I grabbed what I though might go well together hoped for the best.  Here's the result. :)




What you need:
1 1/3 cup mayo 
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup finely chopped red pepper
2 cloves (or 2 tbsp of the minced-in-a-jar kind)
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper




To prepare: 
Sauté the garlic and red pepper in evoo. Make sure not to burn, but sauté until red pepper is softened. Take off heat and let cool.  While that's cooling,  get mayo, chili powder, salt & pepper into a small bowl.  Once cooled, add red pepper & garlic, and stir. Now, just cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. (The longer the better for the flavors to meld)



My 2 year old (like most 2 year olds) is picky as all get out, so if she eats it I know it's GOT to be good stuff...and she was making a meal in its self out of this, lol.




Stay tuned to find out what I was making to go with this yummy concoction!


:)

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment