October 3, 2013

Thirsty Thursday Green, Orange Coconut Smoothie

Green, Orange Coconut Smoothie

I happened upon this mix by accident, but now it will be a regular in my house! I'm always trying to get greens into my picky 2 year old, who would rather sustain life by eating crackers & cheese only. 
I was doing a freezer inventory and came across some orange sherbet that was not so nice, but not to the point of tossing either. I figured I'd blend it up in some sort of smoothie concoction.  Since I almost always use spinach in smoothies, the 2 together seemed logical, but the rest of the ingredients really made this a yummy treat! My 2 year old must have agreed, because hers was gone before I even got to try mine... which of course meant I had to share mine :). 



Ingredients:

1 cup fresh spinach
1 cup of coconut greek yogurt
1 frozen banana
3 good sized scoops orange sherbet
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup apple juice

1 tbsp chia seeds



Blend & enjoy!


Jo



★☆★★☆★★☆★☆★★☆★☆★★☆★☆★★☆★☆★★☆★☆★★☆★☆★★☆★☆★☆★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment