8oz pkg. cream cheese
8oz. Pepperjack cheese, shredded
1 1/2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1 lb. "cooked" chicken, shredded
8 flour tortillas (or whole wheat or low carb)
shredded cheddar cheese
green onions, for garnish (optional)
sour cream (optional)
Red Enchilada Sauce (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Mix Cream Cheese, Pepper jack cheese, taco seasoning in a bowl. Then add chicken and mix all together.
3. Place the mixed chicken evenly onto the tortillas.
4. Fold up tortillas into a burrito (by tucking in sides and rolling them up) and place into baking pan.
5. Spray top of tortillas with cooking spray
6. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then turn over and place back in for 15 minutes.
7. Take out place on a plate add the red enchilada sauce, cheese and sour cream. Garnish with onions and tomatoes.
Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce:
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 cup water, or more if needed
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir flour and chili powder into the oil; cook and stir until smooth. Gradually stir in water, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder into the flour mixture, respectively. Reduce heat to low and cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!!